Thursday, March 29, 2007

serendipity


I don't like heavy jackets...I'll wear them in the deepest cold of winter but other than freezing and below I just don't like them, they're cumbersome and HOT...
I'm also trying to break free from the unconscious wearing of black...I am not in mourning...my spirit is blooming after years of lying dormant under cracked and sweltering soil...
The only jacket I've been able to find lately, is this big black sweatshirt lovingly given to me by my baby (for realz, he IS the baby) brother and I wear it cheerfully and gratefully, but am daily becoming more aware its lack of propriety in the NEW ME phase...
Today, without telling anyone, I was just browsing around in one of those shopping sites...you know the ones...looking for a used purple windbreaker...that was my search...windbreaker is all I wanted because I don't like anything heavier from now until winter! I almost dozed off, got up to walk around and when I got to the front office my favoritest coworker and relative Tree See tells me "hey! I've got a purple raincoat for you" and pulls out the PERFECT PURPLE RAINCOAT...she explains that the lining is still at home and I'm just looking at her in amazement...HOW DID SHE KNOW????
So that's my story today...you know the song "something good" in Sound of Music? That's how I'm feeling...

Perhaps I had a wicked childhood
Perhaps I had a miserable youth
But somwhere in my wicked, miserable past
There must have been a moment of truth...
...Nothing comes from nothing
Nothing ever could
So somewhere in my youth or childhood
I must have done something good...
It's a simple joy really, but OH MY GOSH how profound the serendipity!!!!

No comments: