Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It's LITERALLY the last day in July, 2012...

I haven't accomplished very many items on my "Summer of 2012" list BUT I've done quite a few things above and beyond...
Weaving is healing and growth to me...the piece here has my version of chokecherries at its base, this is our Huckleberry Feast season and chokecherries are part of any meal at our longhouse table. In the center is the sun Weyatanat...rises each morning with a song and a gentle strand of wisdom in his heat. Finally, to end each meal at our longhouse table we drink our "Choosh" water, we couldn't live without it, we begin and end with water...I love to weave.

We went on a short day trip to Wallowa to help out with the service up at the lake...
 Here are some of the drummers/singers from that day. Strong men with good hearts singing from the depth of their existence. It was a beautiful day.


 
On our way home we stopped to cool off in the beautiful Wallowa river. The way in was so inviting...then the water was deliciously cold and refreshing!

 After our dip we continued on the road home...after saying thank you for this beautiful place...














On our way home we saw riotous colors and heard the birds singing...it was almost TOO beautiful sometimes.


It's been a difficult painful year - sadness returns from time to time but always in my heart I am grateful. I'm grateful to be home, I'm thankful EVERY SINGLE DAY to be home and to be an Indian woman living in centuries old traditions...
 I'm thankful for my sweet Mimqas (means "orange" in Nez Perce) kitty, who although he has the loudest most obnoxious voice you ever heard on a cat, is undyingly faithful and ever hopeful that we are bringing him home something more delightful than he has ever known...he's truly an example to me:-)

and I'm thankful for each new day...it's true what has been said..."Weeping may endure for a night but JOY comes in the morning!"



2 comments:

Gerri said...

Beautiful post and images. ;) Yes, JOY cometh!!

Magyar said...

__Love your weaving; too, your final photo!

And thanks, you are always welcome! _m