Monday, July 16, 2012

Good gracious...

Last week was a bad week. Oh I won't drag you through my plethora of physical maladies or even shock you with the intensity of my familial stories. There's just no cause for that...you've done nothing to me!

I will share with you the outcome though.

I am not the judge.
Whether I agree with your viewpoint, opinion, feeling, action, inaction, response, unresponsiveness, any of it. Whether I like or dislike your outfit today, the way you fix your hair or even the label of your shoes...or even if I've staunchly defended you in the wake of what seemed to me to be ludicrous accusations, I'm not here to judge, when it's time for me to take that place, I'll have to go alone and Someone else will do the judging.

I am not perfect.
A flawed creation is one who can change. For some reason this is exciting, not discouraging. A daunting task looms though, if I look at myself in the mirror and ignore such flaws. I choose to be thankful for those who willingly point out my many flaws...Someone will help me help me change.

I don't know everything.
Although I've been on this earth a fairly long time, my learning curve varies. Some things I learned quickly and avidly. Others, I was a little slow on the uptake. I still have much, much more to learn. Hopefully though, I'll study hard and pass the tests...one day I hope to make Someone proud.

It was a long, difficult weekend. The lessons learned came at a price but at the end of the day, I would not trade these lessons for another moment. THANK YOU


4 comments:

Gerri said...

Beautiful images. Great advice from a friend, "When a trial hits, learn something!"

Hilary said...

Well that's about the best thing anyone can take away from difficult times.. lessons learned. I'm sorry you had a bad week. Glad you have a good attitude, though.

Magyar said...

__Flying Eagle Woman... such well felt thought you've written, we keep walking. With respect, I leave these humble haiku echoes:

Individual;

I learn
with each new step
life's trail

Communal;

we learn
with every stumbled step
pathways

flying eagle woman said...

Thank you all for your comments:-)
Shawna