Wednesday, February 3, 2010

afternoon moon

When I was young I used to hear my Aunty Una and Aunt Dorothy commenting during family gatherings how quickly time flies when you get older...at the time as I realize now, Aunt Dorothy was barely 40 and Aunty Una was probably 50 or so...I used to wonder about it while playing up in Aunty Una's attic...which on a side note, Aunty Una's attic looked much like some of those pictures you might see on my friend Betty's blog "Cut and Dry" all antiquey with lace hanging from edges and sun rays flowing through like liquid gold...I just loved my Aunty Una's attic...

Anyway, the realization that it's already February kind of came with a whooshing sound...January was a month of beginnings. I began working for a new group of officers after having horrifically lost in November elections. I began new relationships with people I'd most likely have never even spoken to much less laughed raucously with...in January.

February arrives and as I was cleaning the yard the other day I noticed brave new spikes emerging from the cold ground...ahhhh here come the irises, the daffodils, the heralds of Spring. I noticed fresh new growth peeking out from browned and dried "medicine" plants (medicine of the American Indian nature) and it mad me cheerfully sing with the dogs...who I might add were in a bit of trouble having spread garbage to and fro in frolicky puppy joy. As I glanced up at the cold blue February sky I noticed this...
afternoon MOON...

All is in balance and inside warms the tea!

3 comments:

Alice in Wonderland said...

Oh Shawna! I just love you!
We often see the moon in the afternoons during the Winter, and I saw my first snowdrops peeping out too!

flying eagle woman said...

thank you!! my favorite part was going back inside to hot dark tea! tetley british blend for in my mind british tea imakes one strong...

Alice in Wonderland said...

OOOH, you drink Tetley's Tea!
I will love you forever!
Big Hugs!