Thursday, January 13, 2011

Education is important, that fact has long been recognized and is not key to this discussion. Oh don't get me wrong, I give my deepest respect and loudest applause to those who follow their dreams and ambitions through the many years, hard work and struggles it takes to acquire that coveted piece of paper upon which is written in the most stylish of calligraphy that indeed So and So has earned Such and Such Degree...

What I want to discuss today is how one individual with what has been said to be a sixth grade education has honed her narcissistic power hungry ability to genius form in political manipulation. A brother whom she treated as a distasteful oaf can be seen fawning after her opinions in a most pathetic manner..another relative having aspiring to and achieving a higher position on the ladder can be seen in daily conferences with her...many of the community at large can be heard speaking her name with disdain and suspicion and yet although well aware of her many financial indiscretions - payment of her husband out of committee funds...oh the list goes on and on. I've pondered this for quite some time now because although this person is rarely spoken of with respect, although for the most part she gets her way by lies, deceit and blackmail and without the benefit of higher education she has found a way to "crack the code" as it were while my young educated friend bangs her head on the proverbial brick wall on a daily basis trying to move forward progressively and with innovative policies...

Neither is right. Uneducated and manipulativ vs. educated and proud...both are doomed to eventual failure.

Politics are fun.

3 comments:

Betty Manousos said...

Hi Shawna, I missed you!
Happy Weekend!
Hugs!
B xx

Grandma K said...

Glad you are back for now! I know your life will be busy again, and you will have to settle things. I agree with what you said - with one exception. "Politics if fun" is the phrase I really hope is not what you mean, but I am pretty sure it is. I think I know you that well!!

Ajijaak said...

Education is a interesting subject. Some value it and others do not. I often wish I could return my degrees. I love learning and I love school but due to the economic depression it has been challenging out there. Anyway, things are looking up this year and I am living in a place that I love.

Seems like you are talking about politics in our communities. Is this right? The struggle between educated and proud vs. uneducated and manipulative. I am right about what you are talking about I have been in the struggle and currently am observing. Politics are pretty intense!