Tuesday, April 7, 2009

big big world


There are times I think when we all get a little too burrowed into our little zones. This isn't wisdom of course, this leads to foolish decisions based on blind conjecture. I say this because to my surprise, I found that that the "obesity crisis" in this nation is far greater than prevention of childhood obesity, trying to make sure and get my 3 20 minute walks in each day, cautioning my son against that extra salt and butter, encouraging my daughter to her Pilates class...

What brought this to the forefront of my feeble mind is an article posted on another site by one of my most respected friends in the world - his wife and daughter were pictured at a spinning class and the article was on the prevention of Type II Diabetes. It had not occurred to me before this, that Type II Diabetes affects the non-Indian community...silly myopic me...I then looked to find more information:

(well apparently I'm challenged today and cannot post the links here I wanted to.)

Oregon panel seeks effort against obesity, diabetes
News From Indian Country - Tuesday, 07 April 2009



My eyes are opened a little more today - it's not that much of a big deal but in my search to learn at least one new thing each day I realized I must raise the blinds to my windows if I actually WANT to look out

No comments: