Monday, January 4, 2010
I love the dawn of a new year...just like each new day, all that was is gone and we forge bravely into the NEW...new year, new day, new outlook, new attitude! YES. I'm not one for new years resolutions. I think they are our very best set up for failure so I won't go THERE...
Here's some words, not written by me, but good words to work towards:
• If you can live without caffeine or nicotine (I crave both on a daily basis but only smoke when I gamble)
• If you can be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains (I try, really, I do, but DANG I'm friends with those pain pills!!!!)
• If you can resist complaining (okay, this is a tough one)
• If you can understand when loved ones are too busy to give you any time (conversely...?)
• If you can take criticism and blame without resentment (this is my YEAR for learning this with grace)
• If you can ignore friends' limited educations and never correct them (oh wow...didn't see THAT one coming; you mean like don't JUDGE???? you know, don't judge and then act like you're not judging but TRULY, don't judge? It's on!!!)
• If you can treat the rich and poor alike (not a problem)
• If you can face the world without lies or deceit (please help me someone...)
• If you can conquer tension without medical help (please see the aches and pains bullet)
• If you can have no prejudice against creed, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, or politics (whatever, I'm going back to bed!!!! 'member? new day tomorrow???)
— then you have almost reached the same level of spiritual development as your dog.
Happy New Years my friends!!!!!
Note: Sorry to have been away but my access is limited although NOW I have a new gadget phone and can check more frequently! YAY!!!