Wednesday, July 2, 2008

OFF with her head!!!!


It's funny really, but I am STILL surprised when blindsided by political arrows. I try, but am not yet adept at playing the game, feigning disinterest while listening avidly, looking concerned while sticking you with my poisonous needle...these are not gifts I've cultivated...nay, I am one who revels in just having learned to say what I mean and mean what I say...I am still excited that when disgruntled I can say "that bothers me" rather than serve your dinner on the pink melmac plate which, by the way, when you eat a baked potato on it, will turn a nasty shade of grayish ick. Oh don't get me wrong, I do enjoy serving a hot spicy cup of hemlock whilst smiling amiably and commenting on the weather...oh from time to time I will take aim and let fly a dainty dart of rhetorical agony stinging and biting until you run away crying...these things don't make me proud...but OH how I long for the utter selfishness, the pure narcissism, the sheer joy of self-love that the Red Queen practices when marching about the garden pointing hither and thither (oh YEAH, used it AGAIN) shouting "off with her head! OFF WITH HER HEAD!!!!!"

No comments: